Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chinese Lantern Festival






Ok, this was pretty cheesy but really no cheesier than anything found at acutual Hong Kong lantern festivals. This is at Ontario Place, where apparantly workers from China came over and set up all the displays. This was the cultural event of the season for my parents. Whoopee.

Lighting conditions were not good, especially for a novice like myself. After some disasterous attempts shooting in the dark, I think I found a solution when I stopped trying to conquer the lighting to make shots that just weren't there and just going with shooting bright objects overexposed and the night sky....well just black.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Nelvana Sports League said...

I think that your strategy was the right one (not that I am an expert). The whole point of was to showcase, ultimately, light and colour. A little overexposure doesn't seem to have hurt anything IMHO. And the colours on that second and third pic ROCK! 8)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home